Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Take Me Back, Marty.

I remember when I cried over a boy for the first time. I had my window open and the sprinklers were going. Summer's never felt the same. It lost it's innocence after that.

I remember when I had time to read books.

I remember when the worst thing that could happen to me was a mishap on a bike and a scrape on my knee.

I remember the first time I hurt my moms feelings as i grandly intended to. When I think hard I can even hear her crying behind her locked bedroom door. 

I remember my third kiss. hardly.

I remember the first time I swore. And how a rush came over me. I've never done it since.

I remember falling in love at the top of Alpine Cemetery hill. I remember how it was cold but I could hardly tell by the way my heart burned.

I remember when I farted in front of a boy for the first time. The shock on his face is something I will never forget.

I remember the 4th of July when the neighbors came and got mad at us for lighting illegal fireworks. Why can't people just live? Light a few fireworks.

I remember when my brother ran over my bike. My dad bought me a banana split. I didn't think twice about that purple Schwinn again.

I remember when I figured out the truth in Kung Fu Panda. Yesterday is the past, tomorrow is a mystery and today is a gift, that is why it's called the present.

I remember when I walked into Lone Peak. I felt like I belonged, like these next few years were going to be golden and unforgettable. It wasn't what I thought it was going to be, but I can't complain. I met some good people.

There's a lot of things I wish I could forget, but I don't ever want to stop remembering.

3 comments:

  1. Ok that was so beautiful and I really felt that

    ReplyDelete
  2. That fart line almost made me spit out my Pepsi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the boy almost spit out his pepsi too.

      Delete