Thursday, January 24, 2013

You're a copy too

We live in a world engulfed with copies. Individuality is gold these days. You have to sift through all the dirt and junk to find that real, shining speckle of genuine gold. It's verging on pathetic. I remember the days, when we were young and hopeful, full of dreams and smiles, when your first impression wasn't a harsh judgement, but and innocent thought of: "Hey, we could be friends."

What happened?

I feel like the main goal the teenage human being has, is to be accepted. What does that even mean? We go to extremes to fit in, aren't we supposed to stand out? I don't get it. I don't understand what our reality has become. High school is just a blurred concept we all got caught up in for no valid reason. I live in a world of copies. Sometimes I wonder, have I lost who I am in process called maturing? Have I changed for the better? What if I've become a copy myself? Ask yourself, have you? I'd be lying if I said I wasn't one. Odds are, you'd probably be lying too. Whoop, there it is.

5 comments:

  1. Word.

    I loved this.

    Hey,we could be friends.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course we're copies. It's in our DNA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm thinking about doing a lesson on being indie. If I do, I'll reference this post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...you have to sift through all dirt and junk to find that real, shining speckle of genuine gold"... great analogy. you are golden.

    ReplyDelete