Monday, February 25, 2013

I can't figure out it's purpose.

Lips
Ears
Mouths

Why do we have them?
Lips to whisper secrets, could we whisper without them? Perhaps that's their purpose. Their reason for creation.
Ears to hear crude words our mothers would never want us to hear? It only seems fitting.
Mouths to yell when we're angry? I don't think I could express myself in any other way.

We are what we choose to be. What we're given, is solely in our hands. It's our job to decipher their purpose to fulfill. It's my job to use this delicate divine creation in the way it's intended to be used.
I'm sure if I asked my mother how she would use her ears, it would be a lot different than the way I would choose to use mine.
Maybe I would choose to listen to the gossip that engulfs the school hallway. Maybe I would use my ears to listen to the silent insecurities that stream out of my mouth. Maybe I would listen to the song that reminds me of him, even though I don't want it to.

The options are limitless, and some better than others. It's my choice, as much as it is yours.

4 comments:

  1. "i can't figure out its purpose" STOLEN because this can go along with anything. i love it. love this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ears to hear the ones we love
    Eyes to see the ones we love
    mouths to talk to the ones we love
    and Lips to kiss the ones we love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stole we are what we choose to be

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love everything you write. "Maybe I would listen to the song that reminds me of him, even though I don't ant it to." This line definitely stuck out to me, so I HAD to steal it!

    ReplyDelete