Sunday, February 17, 2013

Read this. You're probably taking things for granted too.

I take things for granted.
Yeah, I admit it.
My mom makes killer sloppy joes, I don't think I ever tell her thanks after I've eaten my helping and my 25 year old brothers helping as well.
My dad always makes sure I'm awake for school. I think I yell at him every time he calls my phone to wake me up. Sorry.
My boyfriend brought me medicine to school the other day when I was sick. I may or may not have harrassed him for grabbing tylenol instead of ibeprofen.
The UPS guy brought me a package I've been waiting ages for just recently. I answered the door and asked him why it took so long. Take note it's like -10 degrees outside.
My cat is senile and sheds and the other day it cuddled up on my neck (annoying) and I threw her off and scorned her for leaving a giant thing of fur on my black shirt.
My car's 20 years old, and it wouldn't start when I was late for school. I got out and kicked it and swore to myself. What a piece of junk.
My phone is essentially brand new and the other day it froze up. I threw it at the wall in hopes that my ridiculous anger would un-freeze it.

I'm pretty sure some people don't even have moms. Especially not moms that make them Texas style sloppy joes. They're delicious. I'll tell her thanks, give her a giant hug and slobbery kiss on the cheek.
I guess some people aren't priveledged enough to have school, let alone a personal alarm clock to wake them up for it. I won't yell next time, I promise.
Single people, I'm sorry you don't have a boyfriend. And you definitely don't have one that will bring you medicine. Sorry baby, I'll make sure not to complain.
UPS guy. There are no words to explain my regret of not voicing my gratitude of your traveling in horrific weather. Next time around, I'll make sure to bring you hot chocolate to the door instead of my attitude.
Kitty... It's almost gross how much you shed. I know you can't help it. I'll snuggle you if you ever come near me again.
Oh my beloved Tahoe. You've seen many places and you're exhausted, I get that. Maybe I won't take you off roading. Perhaps that would fix your problems, thus fixing my own.
Technology is unreliable. Internet is slow. And the human being is naturally impatient. I'll throw you on my bed when the time comes, not the wall.

No comments:

Post a Comment